“I have been asked what I mean by ‘word of honor.’ I will tell you. Place me behind prison walls–walls of stone ever so high, ever so thick, reaching ever so far into the ground–there is a possibility that in some way or another I may escape; but stand me on the floor and draw a chalk line around me and have me give my word of honor never to cross it. Can I get out of the circle? No. Never! I’d die first!” -Karl G. Maeser

This quote is saying that your word of honor should be your top priority. You should always keep your  word because it will only cause problems if you don't. For some people they have trouble trusting people and when you break your word, it can hurt them. Honor is something that everyone should have, because it is very important. In a job, relationship, school, etc, you need trust/honor or else it won't last. An example is when you have a job and say you will turn in something to your boss by a certain date, you have turn it in the date you said. If you don't turn it in you will get fired.
Honor is something that should be pushed aside because you were too lazy. Keeping a promise is something that is very important and should be the number one priority. Breaking a promise is like breaking the other person's heart, you don't want to do that.




Image result for honor

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"I would prefer even to fail with honor than win by cheating."- Sophocles

"Dare to stand alone. Stand up for what is right, even is you stand alone."- Thomas S. Monson

"Even if everyone is doing it, WRONG IS NEVER RIGHT."- Russell M. Nelson