"I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have. I must stand with anybody that stands right, and stand with him while he is right, and part with him when he goes wrong. "- Abraham Lincoln

This quote means that winning isn't everything, its about being true to yourself and others. You have to be true to yourself, this also has to do with good character. Having a good character will affect your future and present. You have to have a good character and you do that by being true. An example of this is if you end up ripping or damaging something that doesn't belong to you, you have to be truthful. You have own up to your mistake and tell them the truth. The truth is what makes determines if you have a good or bad character. Being honest can never hurt it will only help you for the best. having a good character is key to living a good life, not lying is a way to have good character. That's why you always have to be honest most of the time, or else lying will become a habit.


Image result for i am not bound to win

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"I would prefer even to fail with honor than win by cheating."- Sophocles

"Dare to stand alone. Stand up for what is right, even is you stand alone."- Thomas S. Monson

"Even if everyone is doing it, WRONG IS NEVER RIGHT."- Russell M. Nelson